This last year we were quite impressed with the creativity that so many of you showed in your efforts to spread Fair Trade to your communities, and to incorporate it into your daily lives. We often feel like it’s our job just to keep up with what our supporters are doing, and last year was no different. Here’s just a few of the ways that people got creative.
- A church in Phoenix distributed 8,000 Fair Trade cups made by our partners in India and asked their congregation to drink only water from those cups for a week, keeping in mind the scarcity of accessible clean water for so many in the world.
- A couple in Texas ordered a custom Fair Trade rug, and stood on it while they said their vows, sealing the pursuit of justice into their marriage.
- So many combined gifts of presence with Fair Trade gifts as a part of their participation in Advent Conspiracy.
- A group of high schoolers in Illinois pooled their money and started a Trading Post at their Youth Group.
- So many turned Christmas into an opportunity to educate and inspire their friends and family, requesting more material to give away with their gifts.
Coming up this year:
- A family in Texas is doing a Fair Trade Bar Mitzvah (Fair Trade Yarmulkes!)
- A couple in Texas is using their marriage as a way to spread the word about Fair Trade, by raffling off Fair Trade items, and giving Fair Trade favors.
And it’s only January 8th.
So what about you? What did you do this last year? What ideas do you have for this year?